- To represent the interest of professional accountants of South Asian Region providing services to small and medium sized organizations
- To identify issues relevant to SMPs providing accounting and auditing services to small and medium sized enterprises and develop guidance on these issue
- To devise ways and means to promote networking between SMPs within the South Asian Region by facilitating and promoting member to member contact across regions.
- To facilitate SMPs to grow to bigger league of medium/large size entities
- To encourage research amongst SAFA member bodies on issues related to small & medium practitioners and small & medium sized entities.
- To provide input to the IFAC and other standard setting bodies to ensure that due consideration is given to the issues relevant to SMEs and SMPs of South Asian Region.
- To set up a mechanism to respond to request for comments from IFAC, IASB and other standard setting bodies
- To facilitate interaction with other Regional bodies espousing SMPs concerns of South Asian Region to widen the thought process.
- To formulate an annual work plan of the Committee for the consideration of the Board
- To develop Web Portal for SMEs to facilitate focused group
- To develop practice manual for SMPs
- To develop SAFA net for SMPs